Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hurts So Good

I have an unusual love. It's a love that makes everyone, even my family, think I'm crazy. It's something that is painful but feels so good.

I love waxing and plucking my eyebrows.

Call me crazy, but it's one of the best feelings in the world. I am super anal about my eyebrows; maybe it's because I know if I didn't wax them, they'd look like my father's. Maybe it's just about keeping a routine. Maybe it's about narcissism. Again, I'm not sure about why I do it, but I know I love it when I do. Shaping my eyebrows makes me happy.

I have to get them waxed every two to three weeks or I get really irritated with myself. When I do go, I love the feeling of the hot wax- it's actually very relaxing. The pain I feel is only minor, but I think it feels good because I know it's making my eyebrows look better. I love the way they look once it's done. Clean, shaped, well groomed.

Since I don't have all the money in the world to get them done every week like I would LOVE to, I shape them myself in between waxings. It's not quite the same, but I still get a small feeling of happiness.

No comments: