Thursday, September 18, 2008

My love that is hated

For the typical 9 to 5er, work is not necessarily something that would be on the list of favorite things to do. However, I on the other hand, see work as my escape and the only thing that allows me to hold on to my sanity, amidst my hectic life.
I have my glass of orange juice, and my 4 egg omelet, and im off. Yes, I sit behind a desk for a few hours in the morning, but it is all necessary work for the fun I get to have in the afternoon, when the real work kicks in.
At 3 o'clock when the local school bells ring, I too feel the same relief as the students do. I get up from my desk, and head on over to the playing field. All of a sudden I am completely in the moment, I have no cares, no worries, just now. As I watch the Trojan Football team for the next two hours, I work out in my head, what will be my post-practice questions. What should I ask coach? Who played well today? What can I do to be a step ahead?
After practice is when all the prep work in the morning pays off and when my real work begins. I spend almost an hour interviewing players and talking to PR representatives about next week's big game. How many people can say they call this work? I am not sure, but I can.
My nights are filled breaking down the day's footage, all to escape to my bed before Leno goes off the air. I rest until my alarm goes off the next morning, and I get to do it all over again. I live it. I love it. And I would have it no other way.

No comments: